Birch Bark Whole Bean Coffee
Make each brew a delightful taste adventure with a Birch Bark Coffee Company blend. The Birch Bark Coffee Company is an Indigenous-owned and -operated coffee company that makes outstanding coffee as well as positive social change. All blends are certified SPP, organic and fair trade. Beans are sourced from small farmer-owned co-operatives in Latin America and Ethiopia and expertly roasted to order. The Birch Bark Coffee Company advocates for and donates portions of their proceeds towards clean drinking water for Indigenous homes across Canada; they donate towards certified water purification systems to homes in need.
Choose from the following blends:
Inukshuk (medium/dark roast)
A balanced coffee with a full body and notes of sweet spices, molasses and dark chocolate with a hint of smoke.
Coureurs Des Bois (medium roast)
Rich and fruity with a subtle acidity, this coffee has flavours reminiscent of caramel, roasted almonds, field berries and citrus fruit.
Summer Solstice (dark roast)
Bold flavours of dark chocolate, black pepper with a smoky finish.
Indigenous (espresso medium/dark roast)
A sweet and syrupy espresso highlighted by notes of chocolate, maple syrup, dried fruits and roasted hazelnuts.
Two-Spirit (light roast)
A lively and sweet coffee brimming with brown sugar and roasted almond flavours, finishing with subtle notes of citrus and vanilla.
Dream Catcher (decaf medium/dark roast)
Flavours of brown bread and nuts with an earthy finish. Decaffeinated using the Swiss Water Process, where 99.9% of the caffeine is removed using only water and carbon filters.
- Indigenous-owned and -operated
- Organic: at least 95% organic content, certified according to the requirements of the Canada Organic Regime
- Fair trade
- SPP-certified: an independent and accessible certification system for sustainable production, democratic organization, fair trade and self-management of Small Producers’ Organizations
- Naturally-processed: traditional harvesting where coffee is dried inside the fruit of the coffee tree
- $ .50 from every bag purchased goes toward purchases of water purification units to help provide clean drinking water to Indigenous families across Canada
- 340g / 12oz