This Smudge Kit contains a beautiful red abalone shell, a Canada Goose feather that has been naturally shed, and medicine plants all gathered from Jessica Silvey's traditional territory.
Smudging is done by placing plant leaves or stems in a shell or bowl and igniting with a wooden match. the flames are gently blown out and the smoke which heals the mind, heart, body, and soul is gently fanned over the person with a feather or by hand. Smudging can clear negative energy from rooms and homes. You can smudge yourself or lead a smudge by holding the shell and directing the smoke over others.
Jessica Silvey is a self-taught Coast Salish Weaver & Fibre Artist of Portuguese descent and of the Silvey Family of Egmont, BC. Silvey says "Many of my childhood hours were spent with my paternal Grandmother in the forest. It is my favourite place to be, surrounded by cedar trees and silence.
I have learned traditional techniques from research as well as trial and error. I harvest and prepare my own materials. When I am ready to weave, the most time-consuming work has been completed. Weaving is my passion and therapy for my soul."
This Kit is gathered and put together by hand and features:
- One naturally shed Canada Goose feather
- One red abalone shell
- Sage - which brings clarity, deepens intuitive abilities and removes unwanted energy. It cleanses balances and strengthens.
- Cedar - for renewal, protection and grounding. It cleanses and empowers you with spirit.
- Devils Club - which protects, cleanses and strengthens the body and the spirit.
- Wild Rose - for protective charm. Purifying.
- Lavender - brings peace of mind, relaxation and happiness. It balances and connects you to earth and spirit.
- Licorice Root - which wards off cravings and strengthens the immune system.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh